Fortune Island | Nasugbu, Batangas

23:56:00

Fortune Island is located off the coast of the town of Nasugbu in Batangas. A 27-hectare island that is fast becoming a go-to place for those who want to have a quick island hopping near Metro Manila plus this island is a budget friendly place. 
It was once a luxury resort that features vacation houses facing the beach, a salt-water swimming pool, a serpentarium, a helipad and a museum for the San Diego ship which sank near the island in 17th century. Currently, it’s an abandoned island left with Athens-inspired ruins and a beautiful beach filled with creamy white sand and turquoise sea.



EXPECTATION VS REALITY
I've been wanting to visit this island since it was become popular on social medias but unfortunately i was a little bit disappointed about the place. We arrived in Nasugbu around 11am and immediately hired a boat transfers for island hopping. Time travel to the island is roughly 45 minutes to 1 hour and please keep in mind that you need to leave the island before 5pm because of the strong current of the waves. 
Once we arrived in Fortune Island the boatman says that we're gonna stay there for 2 hours because it's already late, i'm so pissed that time but instead of complaining about it i'd rather enjoy the moment and don't waste time. 
What are my disappointments? First, there's a lot of trash everywhere. Second, there's nothing much to see and do. Third, no toilet and other nipa huts. And lastly, the locals are not that accommodating. 

THE ATHENS-INSPIRED RUINS
the main attraction here in Fortune Island is the ruins but you need to walk for 5 minutes then take the stairs going up. The view is totally worth it, feels like you're in Greece that surrounded with the deep blue ocean. 

T H E  C L I F F 
My most favorite part of this day tour is to try CLIFF JUMPING! That is my year-end bucket list for 2017 and I've finally achieved it. I always believe in the saying "feel the fear but do it anyway" sometimes you just have to risk in order to know what you are capable of. What I've learned in 2017 is not to be scared anymore and do what i want to do even if it's risky, even if i failed. I will keep on going. 

PHOTO OPS WITH MY GIRLS
if you also love taking pictures like us i totally recommend this place for you or you could just chill out and do sun bathing, swimming, snorkeling etc. 

ON THE EDGE
I'm that girl who likes to have some dare-devilish poses, just like this. I know it's scary but It's so fulfilling and satisfying. 

T H E  S U N S E T
Last part of my blog is one of my favorite too. Yes, i really love sunsets. I don't know but I just like staring at it for a minute. It keeps me motivated and happy. Whenever i saw a sunset it automatically makes me smile. Feels like your just being thankful for everything that you have. Do you also love sunset? 

TRIP EXPENSES (DAY TOUR)
Php 3,500/good for 6 pax             Roundtrip Boat transfers
Php 100.00/pax                   Food expenses    
        Php  300.00/pax             Entrance fee           
                                                    Php 156.00/pax       Bus fare from Pasay to Nasugbu                 
                                 Php 150.00/pax          Bus fare from Nasugbu to Pasay
                                                  Php 20.00/pax      Tricycle from terminal to drop off point 
Total = Php 1,400.00

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. What a wonderful place in Batangas, hope I could visit this soon. Perfect for a summer getaway.

    ReplyDelete